You can contact the Equifax customer service on 800-846-5279 to talk to a live person. This Equifax phone number is available from 9 am to 5 pm (except Saturdays and Sundays). When you call on this phone number, you will be asked only one additional question that whether you want to take part in the survey conducted at the end of the phone call or not.
Most of your problems and queries can be solved by contacting the Equifax customer service on this phone number. You can contact the Equifax customer service regarding credit report updates, product related concern, dispute related concern, etc.
In addition to talk to the live person, the Equifax phone number 800-846-5279 can also be used to hear the results of your investigation or you can start a new investigation by pressing 2.
Alternative Phone Number to avail Equifax customer service
888-202-4025 is the alternative phone number to contact to a live person in the Equifax customer service. You get the following options when you call on this phone number:
Press 1: For a landlord calling to access files of the potential tenant
Press 2: Declined business account on the basis of your Equifax business report
Press 3: Licensed business calling to report financial data of consumer
Press 4: Telecommunications or utility provider
Press 5: Licensed business interested in establishing Equifax account
Press 6: Calling for personal credit report. This will connect you to the live person in Equifax customer service.
Phone Numbers to Contact Equifax Regarding Additional Problems/ Requests
- To request your free annual credit report: 1-877-322-8228
You will go through a verification process and your report will be mailed within 15 days.
- To report a fraud alert or an active duty alert: 1-888-766-0008
You can place an initial 90-day fraud alert or an active duty military alert.
- To cancel your Equifax service: 1-866-243-8181
You can call toll free at this number, 7 days a week between 8 am to 3 am (ET)
- Trouble in logging in: 1-800-829-4577
You can call on this phone number 7 days a week between 8 am to 3 am (ET)
- To retrieve your Equifax credit report after adding an initial or extended fraud alert: 1-800-685-1111
- To dispute your Equifax credit report: 1-866-349-5191
Equifax Security Phone Number Related to Data Compromise Incident in 2017
Equifax Phone Number 866-447-7559 is for those consumers who got affected by the 2017 Data Compromise Incident. You can give a call at this phone number from 7 am to 1 am EST.
Equifax Websites for Problems/ Requests
- To retrieve your Equifax credit report: www.annualcreditreport.com/
- To report an initial 90-day fraud report on your Equifax credit report: www.alerts.equifax.com/AutoFraud_Online/jsp/fraudAlert.jsp
- To place a security freeze on your Equifax account: www.freeze.equifax.com/Freeze/jsp/SFF_PersonalIDInfo.jsp